Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Thankful For Many Splendid Things - New Client, Cynsations Post and More!

To me October is all about celebrating the many blessings we encounter partly because growing up in Canada, the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday always fell on the second Monday in October. So once October arrives, I naturally begin recounting the many splendid things I'm grateful for and this month I've much to be thankful for.

Lindsey Lane

I'm happy to announce that the incredibly compassionate, kind, and talented children's and young adult author Lindsey Lane has joined the Booking Biz family. Lindsey and I have been secretly working together since June 2014, and I'm thrilled to welcome her into the fold. There are many things I admire about Lindsey; I could go on and on about her evocative writing that emotes emotion after emotion on the page. I could go on and on about her spirit and how being in her presence makes you a better person. And I could go on and on about her work ethic and passion for the craft of writing. She gives herself completely to her book projects and it shows.

Lindsey is the author of the award-winning picture book (Clarion) and iTunes app (PicPocket) Snuggle Mountain, which was named Best Children’s Book of 2004 by Bank Street College of Education. According to Publisher's Weekly her debut young adult novel Evidence of Things Not Seen (Farrar Straus Giroux Books for Young Readers, 2014) is "a gripping and genre-bending mosaic centered around the sudden disappearance of physics-obsessed high school junior Tommy Smythe.”


Speaking about incredibly passionate, kind, and talented children's and young adult authors, Cynthia Leitich Smith is hosting me on her well-read and informational kid-lit writing blog Cynsations today with my guest post on "Founding a Children's-YA Author & Illustrator Booking Agency," and I'm honored to be a contributor. Thank you, Cynthia.
Cynthia Leitich Smith and I at the Texas Book Festival (2013)

This coming Saturday, Oct 25th at 10am in the Family Life Center, I'll be moderating the Grandfather Gandhi panel with peacemaker Arun Gandhi and children's and young adult author Bethany Hegedus at the Texas Book Festival 2014. This year's line-up boasts 280+ authors, the largest in the festival's history. Author friend Greg Leitich Smith has put together a list of scheduled children's and young adult author panels on his blog. Click HERE to view. Thanks, Greg!


And I'd be remiss to say that I'm not in a state of bliss about the fact that my agent Erzsi Deak will be in town to read her book Pumpkin Time! illustrated by Doug Cushman at the Texas Book Festival and to reconnect with some of her Texas chicks from Hen & Ink Literary.

If you live locally, please come out and celebrate Texas Book Festival 2014 and be a part of this magnificent literature event that brings authors and families together at the Austin Capital and adjacent grounds. It's two days (Oct. 25-26, 2014) of readings, panels, children's activities, food, live music, and hundreds of exhibitors. The Texas Book Festival supports Texas libraries and literacy!





No comments:

Post a Comment