Friday, August 24, 2012

Blogging Basics and The Austin SCBWI Digital Symposium II

Welcome back! As promised, today I'm going to talk today about my presentation in the upcoming Digital II Symposium: The Nuts and Bolts of Success.

Have you been shying away from entering the realm of the Blogosphere? Not sure what all this talk about Social Media is about? It's really quite simple.



Social Media is about people. Blogging is about people. Sharing information. Communicating and networking. And in essence giving back, too!

When I first started my blog, I wasn't really sure what I was doing. I fumbled and bumbled along. I studied industry professionals like New York Times best-selling author Cynthia Leitich Smith's blog Cynsations (a MUST read) and I asked lots of questions at SCBWI Austin meetings. I read free information I found on the Internet and it's gotten me here. But I've consumed a lot of time in the process. If a "Blogging Basics" class had been available, I would have jumped at the chance. A quick download of information with a few warning and cautionary signs thrown in for good measure would have saved me spoonfuls of time. So that's what I'm going to be doing on October 6th at St. Edward's University. Saving you some time and equipping you with knowledge to get you started in the Blogosphere.

In the morning we'll talk about things like:

  • What a blog is and its purpose
  • Blog software
  • Naming your blog
  • Blog content and content structure
  • Copyright issues and pictures
  • Pre-blogging and planning
  • Guest blogs and tours

In the afternoon, you'll get your feet wet so to speak as we create a blog post highlighting the presentations from the Digital II Symposium: The Nuts and Bolts of Success. We'll use links, write content, insert photos and publish the post. It'll be a collaborative process with lots of time to ask questions.

If you blog, people will come! So join me and the other talented ten experts for a day of digital dynamics and break down the barrier and mystique that has held you back from embracing technology. Just click HERE and we'll take good care of you.

EXTRA:

Watch the Austin Digital Symposium II trailer below:


No comments:

Post a Comment